Valuation & advisory services for commercial real estate – Mexico
In the last 5 years our experienced Valuation & Advisory team has carried out over 500 valuation and consultancy assignments in Mexico and throughout Latin America. All valuations at Avison Young are performed according to internationally recognized valuation standards as determined by The Appraisal Institute (USPAP) and the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (Red Book). Valuations are also performed to comply with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and for local regulatory purposes such as tax and land transfer valuations.
Our services range from single asset valuations to multi property portfolios and we have appraised all the main real estate asset types including office, land, retail, industrial, hospitals, hotels, clinics, laboratories, residential and construction projects.
- Private and Institutional Funds
- Private Companies
- Family Offices
Our bi-lingual team is jointly lead by Michelle D’Artigues MRICS and Max Gill MRICS who are two of the leading real estate valuation consultants and advisors in Latin America with a combined experience of over 40 years in the industry. They have carried out work in more than 17 countries in Latin America.
Frequently asked questions
Why would I need a real estate valuation?
Our valuation reports are used by our clients for the following purposes:
- Banks and financial institutions use our reports to decide how much to lend to borrowers who are looking to purchase or re finance an asset
- By any property owner who wants to know the realistic value of their asset at today’s date (for internal decision making purposes)
- For tax or inheritance or divorce purposes
- By any owner for sale purposes
- By any investor for acquisition purposes
What benefits can a valuation offer me for my commercial real estate property / portfolio?
- A valuation can give you peace of mind in knowing the true and realistic value of your asset at today’s date for financial planning purposes
- A valuation from an experienced and independent valuer who signs the report on behalf of a reputable firm can help you sell your asset or purchase an asset and speed up the transaction process
- Reduce your property tax
- Insurance companies often require an insurable value to support the replacement cost for an asset
What other consultancy services does Avison Young provide?
- Highest & Best Use Studies for vacant land and master plan projects
- Market Studies
- Due Diligence
- Feasibility Studies
- Fair Market Rental Value (FMRV) Studies
- Financial Analysis
In which countries do you offer your valuation and advisory services?
We offer our services throughout Latin America and the Caribbean.
What is the process for a valuation and how long does it take?
To carry out a valuation report we first of all send a full written proposal in English or Spanish to the client which outlines all the important aspects of the work such as how long the work will take, what the process is, what the Scope of Work will be for our report, what methods of valuation we will use, who our report will be addressed to, the fee and which language our report will be written in.
Once the proposal has been agreed and signed by the client and Avison Young the client sends us all the information about the property we require in order to carry out our work. The type of information we request depends on whether the asset is land, an office, a shopping centre, an industrial warehouse, house, a project under construction or other specialist assets such as hospitals, schools or clinics.
After we have reviewed the information we inspect the property and its surroundings. We then finish off our valuation and Draft report before presenting our report and valuation to the client to review before we send our final report.
A typical valuation takes between 3 to 4 weeks to complete from the date we receive the signed proposal or contract back from the client. This is the amount of time it takes for the client to supply us with the information we need for us to visit the property, carry out the valuation and write our report.
This timing can increase to up to 6 weeks if we are valuing multiple properties.